The position of the Resource Centre for the development of the Roma self-governance bodies in the Transcarpathian region has been created
The project “Empowering Roma communities of Mukachevo district in decision making at the local level” is implemented by Human Rights Fund “Progress” with the support of Roma program initiative of the International “Renaissance” Foundation.
In terms of the project “Empowering Roma communities of Mukachevo district in decision making at the local level” the lawyers of the Human Rights Fund “Progress” has developed and approved by the Board The position of the Resource Centre for the Development of the Roma self-governance in the Transcarpathian region.
The main objective of the Resource Center is to create conditions for the realization of the principles of sustainable development of Roma communities in the Transcarpathian region, the active involvement of representatives of the Roma communities to engage in dialogue with local authorities, to develop a transparent and effective mechanisms for the development of Roma communities at the local level.
The Resource Center is a separate structural unit of the Human Rights Fund “Progress” and has in its structure of 5 departments.
Information-Analytical Department provides technical assistance to bodies of self-organization of Roma communities in the research and analysis of the opportunities and areas of problems of their activities, summarizes the stats of the city (village, settlement), organizes the production of publications on the activities of self-organization of the Roma community. It also conducts round tables, seminars, conferences and other forms of exchange of experience.
Legal Department provides advice to the Board and members of the body of self-organization of the Roma community, the members of initiative groups, representatives / lawyers to local authorities, develops projects of common organizational, administrative and legal instruments for the establishment, development and efficient management of bodies of self-organization of the Roma community , drafts of the decisions of city / village council on these issues, as well as preparing proposals for other acts that may be taken by the city / village council and will address the interests of Roma communities.
Finance Department provides training for accountants of Roma self-organization bodie, provides accounting services to them, keeps track of all the changes taking place in the regulatory framework of financial-economic activity and tax legislation and promptly notify the members of the bodies of self-organization of Roma communities, forging constant interaction with the tax inspection, treasury, pension fund, social insurance to clarify their instructions, and error prevention.
Material and Technical Department helps bodies of self-organization of Roma communities in replicating documents, providing space for events in the form of working meetings of the body of self-organization of the Roma community, members of initiative groups, round tables, meetings, press conferences, seminars and workshops, provides internet access, e-mail correspondence, provides reference books.
Department of education and training for members of bodies of self-organization of Roma communities, workers of urban and village councils and other public authorities, which cooperate with the bodies of self-organization of Roma communities, whose activities are connected with self-organization bodies activities.
Tasks of the Resource center
– Providing access to information on the activities of the members of self-organization bodies and local authorities, public bodies by filing information requests, organization of workshops, internships of self-organization bodies members in local government.
– Increasing the level of legal education of members of Roma communities through workshops and trainings;
– Promoting social mobilization of Roma communities through involvement in events such as the General Meeting, other joint activities aimed at improving the living space of the company;
– Support for Roma leaders, activists and members of the body of self-organization of the Roma community by providing free information, counseling, legal aid, through conducting trainings, seminars, round tables;
– Providing expert legal assistance in creating self-organizing bodies
– Sharing of experience in the creation of self-organization bodies and related activities among the other Roma communities in Transcarpathia, Ukraine and other countries;
– Building a culture of open dialogue with the representatives of local authorities through the organization of round tables, conferences, workshops, etc .;
– Assistance in attracting technical and financial resources for the implementation of initiatives of the Roma Communities.
The project “Empowerment of Mukachevo district of Roma communities in decision-making processes at the local level” is implemented em> Human Rights Foundation “Development» a > em> with the support em> Roma initiatives program Міжнародного «Revival» Foundation em> . em>
Press Center of the Human Rights Fund “Progress”